Wash Your Roof!

Good afternoon,

     This morning I was looking over some of our before and after pictures and this set really stood out to me. The difference of this roof is so remarkable, it is like day and night. I know a lot of us don't realize how dirty our roofs get over time, but when you think about it...the roof gets all of the natural disaster. Rain, wind, hail, tree sap...you name it, your roof gets it. Especially our homes in Houston where the humidity is high! It is truly crazy to see the difference first hand. For example, when I am visiting friends and family in Dallas I can be driving around looking at roofs (yes, whenever I am driving around I am noticing all of your roofs, it is part of what I do after all. I can't help it) and they all look like they were just built, very few have stains. Then when I come to Houston and I am driving around looking at all the roofs, most of them have mold, mildew and algae stains (like the image below). Reason being is because it is much more humid here and we do get more rain and crazy weather. A lot of people think that because their roof looks like the image on the left they have to get a new roof, which is expensive, so instead they just ignore it (totally understandable if your roof isn't leaking or anything, right?)...

WRONG! You don't need a new roof, when your roof starts to look like this and you invest and spend a lot of money on your home for it to not look the way you want. So we have come up a solution for you! Nothing But Clean is one of the few companies in Houston that offers roof washing. Roof washing is a very particular technique that cannot, I repeat CANNOT be done with pressure washing. If you let Joe Schmo take a power washer and pressure wash your roof, go ahead and expect to pay a lot more money for a new roof afterwards. You cannot pressure wash roofs at all, because it WILL tear your roof up and shingles off. You definitely don't want to do that because then it defeats the whole purpose. Believe it or not, with all the things your roof goes through, throughout the year, your roof is a delicate thing and should be treated as such. At Nothing But Clean, we want to prolong the life of your roof, so you don't need to get a new one. Roof Cleanings can last anywhere up to 10 years and it is only a FRACTION of the cost of a roof replacement. That's really a win, win if you ask me. 

     
     So if you are in the Houston/Woodlands metroplex and you're looking at your roof now thinking, "man, I really need my roof cleaned". Don't hesitate to give us a call, we will be happy to come out and provide a free estimate. Those of you that are reading this blog and may live out of state or in a region outside of our service region then please do your research and don't hire a Joe Schmo to come and tear up, I mean pressure wash your roof. 😉

Until next time,
House Spa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Windows and the pesky unwanted allergens

The meaning behind the name